“We have one field, which is slightly longer and wider than the standard NYC Parks basketball court and middle-school gym. Unlike most of these courts/gyms, our field has a walled (padded) perimeter, so the ball never goes out. Also, our flooring is a real field: the best professional-grade turf product on the market — the same turf used by many professional teams in the Netherlands and recently by some MLS teams like Sporting Kansas.
This configuration is perfect – we think – for a fast-paced, skilled game of 5-aside adult soccer (4+1) and also ideal for youth soccer of varying formats.”
THE PITCH offers several services and amenities:
– Short-sided leagues for youth & adults
– Soccer school: group & private lessons for youth & adults
– 5-aside and 4-aside drop-in sessions (sign-up in advance for a session in order to secure a spot)
– Clinics run by certified coaches and featuring professional footballers
– Special events (book The Pitch and/or our partner bar – Berry Park – for corporate socials and private birthday parties)
– Play under natural light during the day – thanks to five huge skylights
– Climate-controlled conditions: air-conditioning in summer; heat in winter
– Custom mobile app, which easily allows players to book drop-in sessions, lessons, practice sessions, and clinics
– Brooklyn-made energy snacks & drinks
– Discounts for annual members on most of THE PITCH’s soccer services and also at participating local businesses
THE PITCH also provides soccer programs for under-served youth. For example, THE PITCH is the headquarters of The Girls Sporting Club of New York (GSC): a joint Nike-World Soccer Project program that increases school-age girls’ participation in sport. THE PITCH also helps to fund the award-winning non-profit soccer program: The New York Independent Schools League.